Fill out the application below if you are interested in being a mentor!
St. Mark’s United Methodist Church has been involved in a mentoring partnership with Evergreen Elementary School since 1995!
How The Program Works:
- We typically match each mentor with two students and schedule back-to-back 30-minute mentoring sessions so that the time commitment is about an hour per week plus commuting time.
- We see our students during school hours, between 9:30 am and 3:30 pm.
- It usually takes a few weeks for the staff at Evergreen to identify students, make scheduling arrangements, and get parental permission.
- We start seeing the children toward the end of October or early November. We wrap up when SOL testing begins in the spring around the first part of May.
- Evergreen provides orientation and training for each new mentor before he/she begins working with students.
- High school juniors and seniors are welcome to apply if they are able to meet scheduling requirements
We ask that new and returning volunteers complete an application below. If you have questions, please call St. Mark’s at (804) 379-1655 and leave a message for Daisy Byrd.