You can use the Camera app on your phone or computer to record. Please keep your phone in horizontal mode and send in full-quality. This short video gives tips to make your videos look their best, and ensures that St. Mark’s Online Worship has a consistent look.
“MUST DOs” when making a video to submit.
**NOTE: all these tips are in the attached video. Please watch it first.
- Go to settings —> camera —> record video —> choose highest resolution possible on your camera phone (4K is best or 1080p is acceptable too!)
- After you hit the record button, count to 4 before beginning to speak.
- BEFORE you hit end, again sit still and count to 4, then hit stop.
- Use good lighting and distance.
- Have light on your face, not behind you.
- Be close to the camera for people to see you and hear you.
- Wear a contrasting color to your background (you don’t want to blend into your background).
- Don’t forget to speak slowly and clearly and SMILE! Have fun!
- After you film your video and go to the Google Drive link (contact Selina if you don’t have the link yet)
- Click on +NEW and then click on Upload file
- Give it a name so we know where and what it is.
Instructions for Uploading Your Video:
When you click the Google Drive folder link, it takes you to a folder in your web browser.
1. Click ‘Sign In’ the upper right corner.
2. Sign in with a Google account email (with a gmail.com address) or select ‘Create An Account’ if you don’t already have one.
3. Once you’re signed in, you should see the word ‘New’ on the upper left corner. Choose that and then select ‘File Upload’.
4. Choose the video from your Documents on your computer or wherever you have it saved.
5. A box will pop up in the bottom right corner that says Uploading 1 Item and will say 1 Upload Complete when it’s done.
1. Download the Google Drive app from your App Store or Play Store.
2. Open the app and click ‘Sign In’ at the bottom. A box will pop up that says Drive wants to use google.com to Sign In and click ‘Continue’.
3. If you have an account, sign in with your email address, click ‘Next’ then enter your password. If you do not have a Google account, click ‘Create account’ at the bottom and follow those instructions. Once you’re signed in, you should see a letter in the upper right corner.
4. Click the Google Drive folder link that was emailed to you. It will open the Google Drive app and you will see the word ‘Uploads’ at the top. There is a colorful plus sign at the bottom right corner. Click this and you will see a box that says ‘Create new’ and an ‘Upload’ option.
5. Click ‘Upload’ and choose ‘Photos and Videos’. Choose your video and it will begin uploading. It might take several minutes to upload. Just leave the screen open until the upload is done and you will see this message: All pending uploads have completed.